Twitterings

September 22, 2010

New season TV in the US

Molly & Mike, Hawaii 5-0, Chase, Lone Star

So I watched three of the new arrivals last night. It was quite tough as it turned out.

Molly & Mike, standard sitcom fair. Why don't they learn the lessons of Modern Family - quirky and unpredictable is the way forward. Basically I guess they figured fat people like watching fat people right? A simple demographic decision. For me the Mike (Billy Gardell)is waaaaaay too fat and unattractive. I just wonder what happens when the fat loser jokes run out. Oh my mistake they already did.

Hawaii 5-0. I'll be referring to this show as Hawaii 0-0 in future as frankly there were no winners. Alex O'Loughlin acts as if he's perpetually having his attention grabbed by something ever increasingly macho than the last thing that just grabbed his miniscule attention span. It's hard to work out who H.0-0 is actually for - it's not so much a show for a lost generation, more a generation that never really existed. I wanted Hawaii zero zero to descend to it's natural level, a massive gay-off between McGarrett and Dano. Fucking mindless shit on a nice island with bikini shots.

But not as fucking mindless as Chase. I'll not waste the words. Tough blond U.S Marshall wrestles fugitives. Tommy Lee Jones had better lines, even on his face.

Lone Star. For me the best and the most intriguing show of the season so far. Yes you had to bear with it and show a modicum of intelligence before the true nature of the show was revealed (and I'm not sure it even has been yet). It was nice to see a show that required an attention span greater than Alex O'Loughlin after a night playing Modern Warfare. Good music, not your regular characters and a hint of Mad Men. Three hundred pounds away from Mike & Molly, no make that five.

No comments: